Tuesday, September 27, 2011

ruth's block exchange 2011: wrap up part 2

This month was the last meeting of Ruth's Block Exchange for 2011.
This is part 2 of the wrap up. Not sure how many parts it'll take to
wrap it all up, but I'll let you know when it's the end.


Terry asked everyone to choose a musical for her very musical daughter, Erin.
(The same Erin who somehow grew into a lovely young woman and goes to college now.
This is the same Erin who was little when I started with this group.)

So, Erin loves musicals and we picked from a list. I chose RENT, although I've never seen it. Truth be told, I haven't seen many musicals. Working to correct that each year though either by bringing the kiddos or my husband (guess who likes to go more).


This one is Beth's. It was a very easy block that packs a lot of punch.
So many ways this one could go, in terms of design.

Beth is an author and a blogger (Quilt Doctor). She knows a TON about quilting (and I try to get some of that info to rub off on me every time I see her). Currently, I'm reading and working through her book: Block by Block to put together one of my current UFO's.




This is Georgia's block, which, for me, was due in September.
Yes, this month (no rules about finishing more than 15 minutes before the deadline).

There are a lot of pieces in this block, and it's quite big.
I do love the overall effect of the blocks together.

It's in the running for my 2012 Block Exchange, different colors, but definitely in the running.
Also, no rules about using someone else's block the next year.
Though if someone decided to do a Lavender Pie block, there might be a revolt. It's a long story.


This is Jan's. We completed two blocks for Jan's quilt.
The 'on-point' square in a square and the four-patch.

At first, Jan didn't like these blocks together but she added the sashing and
the really fabulous border, both of which pulled this into a work of art.

Jan is presenting a program during next month's guild meeting about her GIANT bike ride
(from Florida to California, not even kidding.)
I can't wait to see the pictures and hear her talk about it. She has a great sense of humor.

This concludes part 2 of the Ruth's Block Exchange 2011 Wrap Up.
Check back tomorrow for more!

No comments: