disappearing 9-patch


I decided to finally try a disappearing 9-patch. I loved Allison's instructions on her blog Cluck Cluck Sew.

This fabric is David Walker's Painted Robot fabric. An on-line purchase that I thought would be cute for a variety of items for lots of friends and family who have little guys. I've even got enough left to do a pillowcase for another friend's son. (Thanks for the brainstorm, Dad.)

The back is a sheet from Better Homes and Garden. I thought it was 100% cotton, but it wasn't, so I was a bit concerned that it might not shrink as much as the top. It worked out just fine and because
I bought a twin size, I've got enough left to back at least one more baby quilt.

This one goes out in the mail today to my husband's former assistant coach, who had a baby in February (yes, I know that was a long time ago). And, with the heat we've had lately, I'm not sure they'll use a quilt for covering up, more likely for laying on top of!

Still doing the give-a-way, comment before today at 9 p.m. to be eligible.

Hoping for some rain or at least a cold front to blow through today. We turned off the air because we just can't take it any more ... what do you do to beat the heat?

Comments

Popular Posts