ruth's block exchange 2011: wrap up part 1

This month was the last meeting of Ruth's Block Exchange for 2011.
Theoretically, we all have our blocks (I think we do, I never count).

And some have begun deciding on putting the quilts together, some already have them together
and others are clearing out space on their UFO shelf for their blocks (me).

Because I took so many pictures and they're taking f  o r e v e r to load, I'm doing this in parts. Not sure how many, but I'll let you know when it's the end.

drumroll ... please:


Daisy's self-described 'last king-sized quilt.' Daisy, 84, has been a member of Ruth's Block Exchange since before I was a member (I think a long time before that).
You might guess that she's a big fan of brown.
She said she's looking to do the piano key border you can see on the right
(or the bottom, depending on which way your head is turned).
Several of us were trying to talk her into a thin blue or turquoise strip before the keys.


This one is part of Louise's. She's already got a few other pieces of it together.
Louise is one of those people who puts things together and gets them done (and they look amazing).
She collects orphan blocks and turns them into quilts.
Just tonight she showed me a quilt made of some orphans that I gave her.
(I'm counting that as a done project for both of us.)



Cindy's quilt is together.
She's a member of the Habitat for Humanity Board and always
 makes quilts to donate the H for H.
This one will be a quilt for a Habitat family.
I loved that although you didn't notice the mirrored colors
right away, (orange block, blue, purple and red lines)
I immediately noticed them when I looked at the picture.


This is Dorothy's quilt. We did the rose blocks last year (2010) and the green and white this year.
It's a DeLoa Jones pattern, and is completely lovely (just like Dorothy).
The blocks are much easier to piece than they look, but the
look is just stunning, don't you think?

This concludes part 1 of Ruth's Block Exchange 2011 wrap up.

Tune in tomorrow for another installment.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks, Eileen. Great pictures, and I LOVED your comments on each quilt and quilter! Daisy

Popular Posts