Central Park love





It's not like the only thing I've sewn are Jell-O quilts, although it does seem that way lately. I finally finished this one and my super awesome friend Wendy quilted it with curly circles.

Fabric is Kate Spain's Central Park from a layer cake, plus a few of Terrain (hey, I NEEDED more). Background is a Kona cotton, beigey (not the real name). And binding is Tula Pink. Pattern is hsq's arranged in a cool pattern from my tutorial .

This quilt is for another super awesome friend (if I surround myself with great people, some of it will rub off): Traci. She hasn't seen it yet and I don't know if she reads this blog, but she's getting it next week, and I stink at keeping secrets.

In addition to being a great friend, Traci, has also taught all three of my kids -- one of them twice (kindergarten and third grade). There aren't words to express how thankful I am that she's been in our lives and the lives of our kids. She's a straightforward, no BS, kind of friend, and teacher. And she gives homework, everyday.

Although we're all moving to different schools next year, I know that friendship outlasts a school year. (And, I'm happy that we can finally lose the 'but Mom, she's my teacher' thing with the kids and just go straight to being friends.)

And, on a lighter note, here's my goof-ball husband, who usually isn't around when we do quilt pictures and was 'encouraging' the boys to help. Typically, I'd rely on my daughter to lead the charge but she's visiting our families in New York for the next two weeks (yes, I miss her).

Comments

Ruth said…
Traci is a lucky friend!

Popular Posts