a few more finishes ... almost





You know how sometimes you just get on a roll? Welp, I was really on a roll a couple of weeks ago and finished up these tops (always helps when they're laid out on the living room floor and people are stepping over them ... thanks mom, for blocking off the living room with furniture and boxes so the kids wouldn't walk on them).

The top two pictures are a half square triangle top that's done with a layer cake of batiks (one of my office pals bought it and I had layer cake envy ... I think we made the same quilt -- me + Georgette = great minds). When I laid it out the diamond was in the center and thanks to traffic, my forgetful brain and life, it migrated to off center. I like it better that way (it definitely is more me ... little out of balance, trying to stay on track). The solid is one of Wendy's hand-dyed fabrics (Stipples Etc.). I'm a little stuck on what to use on the back here, I'm sure I'll find something even if it means visiting a shop or four. We'll use this in the master bedroom at the lake house.

The second top is another Jell-O quilt. Whew, are we done with these yet? Possibly teaching this one and thought I should have one for myself ... and for the shop where I may be teaching it. (all fabric still from Wendy.)

The last top is my oldest son's bed quilt. My design, his input, and more than six months late for his birthday. Ah, he knows how it goes. Wonky log cabins are kept corralled by a black and white mini border the top part of the quilt is a gray varigated dot fabric, bottom is kona's medium gray.

These will be getting some backing fabric, then heading to Wendy's for quilting ...


Comments

Popular Posts